Let your children help you go green in your apartment!
Young children are often very eager to help so let them! There are lots of ways that your kids can help you to go green in your TriBridge Residential apartment:
- Teach your children to turn off the lights when they leave the room. Explain why not leaving lights on in the apartment will save electricity and help the environment.
- Let your children help with the recycling. Giving them a job, like helping keep the recycling organized, will not only teach them responsibility but can also give them a sense of accomplishment in a job well done!
- Make shopping a learning experience. When shopping for school supplies or food, explain what “green” items are and then let your child help you select some to buy.
For even more ways your child can help make your apartment greener, please visit 10 Things Kids Can Do To Go Green and Reduce Environmental Impact!
Do you have any other child-friendly ways to go green? Share them in the comments!
Image: scottchan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Find fresh produce near your apartment!
Buying your food locally from a farmers market near your TriBridge Residential apartment isn’t just a great way to get the freshest food possible, but also a great way to go green!
Buying local produce and meats significantly cuts down on the fuel consumption typically used to transport your food to big chain grocery stores. Simply put, the less traveling your food does, the less gas used to get it to you. Plus, it’s good for the local economy!
Thankfully, the USDA has a great tool to help you find a farmers market near your apartment! It’s called the National Farmers Market Directory Search Engine and it searches through tens of thousands of registered farmers markets to find the ones closest to you.
Do you already have a farmers market near your TriBridge Residential apartment that you frequent? If so, let us know which city you live in and which farmers market is your favorite!
Image: Sura Nualpradid / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Now that spring is here, it’s the perfect time to refresh and liven up your apartment! To help, here are a few apartment interior design tips to get your living space ready for spring:
- Do a little spring cleaning. The first step to any kind of apartment redecorating is always going to be clean up a bit. Give everything a nice wipe down and straighten up any clutter.
- Add a little color. Accent your room with a spring color palette that “pops.” Repeat your colors in your fabrics, throw pillows, picture frames, candle, and the like.
- Bring the spring inside, literally! The best way to freshen up your apartment for spring is by bringing some flowers inside. Using hanging vases and flower arrangements are both great ways to liven things up for spring, but our favorite thing to do is to invest in a couple of beautiful, flowering potted plants.
For more, check out Apartment Therapy’s Spring Forward: 10 Tips to Update, Refresh, and Modernize Your Home.
How do you get your TriBridge Residential apartment ready for spring? Comment and let us know!
Photo courtesy of Duncan Harris
With Earth Day right around the corner, we’ve decided to share a few inexpensive and green ways to clean your TriBridge Residential apartment with items that you probably already have laying around your apartment!
Salt can make for a great natural cleaner!
Vinegar – This wonder cleaner is great for breaking up mineral deposits, cleaning soap scum, and as a disinfectant. When mixed with baking soda, it’s also a great way to unclog drains!
- Salt – Table salt, sea salt, and kosher salt can all be used as a great scouring powder. Plus, it’s gentle enough to not scratch glassware. For really dirty areas, try mixing some salt with lemon juice to create a really tough scouring paste.
- Toothpaste – Its antibacterial agents makes it a great stain-fighter and the fact that it’s only mildly abrasive makes it gentle enough to use on multiple surfaces. Toothpaste is great for cleaning chrome fixtures, linoleum, acrylic accessories, and more!
For more, check out Real Simple’s 66 All-Natural Cleaning Solutions. And for even more ways to go green in your TriBridge apartment, check out Celebrate Earth Day by Going Green in Your Apartment!
Photo via Flickr’s Creative Commons
Being a good pet guardian is all about meeting your pet’s needs. Simply put, a happy pet is better behaved and more fun to be around! That’s why we’ve put together this list of tips to create a cat-friendly apartment.
Don’t forget to check the pet policy at your TriBridge Residential apartment before making plans to bring a new cat into your home. And for more tips, check out Make Your Home Cat-Friendly!
Photo courtesy of Candie N