The holidays are a time of giving and sharing, which means that they oftentimes get expensive. DIY (Do It Yourself) projects can make the holidays more affordable, while providing you with great creative outlets, a fun party theme, and amazing holiday decor you’ll treasure for years. There are many holiday decorations and gift ideas that you can make in your apartment that are easy to make and fun to create. Whether you’re in a one bedroom apartment in Stockbridge, GA or a three bedroom with roommates in Jacksonville, FL, these DIY projects are perfect for you:
- Are you looking for something a little different this year to go up on the tree? DIY Pros Sherry and John from Young House Love dried citrus cuts and painted bright, whimsical ornaments for their holiday tree.
- Baubles, trinkets, and more are the most popular adornments during the holiday season. Rather than spend several dollars on each one, spend a few dollars and make a bunch for your apartment. Grab your supplies, a glue gun, and a snack and head into your living room with creativity in mind.
- Sometimes, the holidays require ample preparation. Whether you do these DIY projects for yourself (a terrarium is a great way to bring some greenery into your apartment without mess or fuss) or give them as a gift, Apartment Therapy has a few great DIY holiday ideas.
- Are you working to have a more eco-friendly life in your multi-family community? Living in a TriBridge apartment is a great step towards going green–Take another and create these faux holiday tree looks without the chemicals of an artificial tree or chopping down a real one.
- A wreath is the perfect way to welcome guests and seasonal cheer. Do something different and create your own DIY wreath–Your friends will appreciate the effort, and the unique welcome!
- Ornaments and small decor items make great hostess gifts or parting gifts after a holiday get-together. Throw a holiday party in your apartment, then after the eggnog and fun, present everyone with a homemade ornament.