Adopting a pet is a big step that many people make impulsively at the sight of an adorable animal. To be sure that you’re ready to adopt a pet to join you in your pet-friendly TriBridge apartment, you’ll want to take these five steps:
- Assess the situation. Are you ready for a pet? Pets are expensive, take a lot of time, and require a lifelong commitment. Be sure that you’re ready to give a proper home to a pet you adopt.
- Do your homework. Before adopting a dog, be sure that you’ve researched the breeds. Breeds have different energy levels, grooming needs, etc. Find the dog that fits your life style.
- Before bringing an animal home, spend some time with them at the shelter to see if your personalities mesh.
- If adopting a puppy, be sure to tell your neighbors. It’s better to let them know ahead of time, as the puppy’s night time cries will make a lot of noise as they get used to their new surroundings.
- Talk to a vet. A vet will tell you what medical expenses to expect upfront with your new pet and will help talk you through the process.