Bring your dog along to dinner!
If you live in one of our beautiful pet-friendly TriBridge apartment communities, then you’ll be glad to know that there’s no reason to leave your pooch behind when going out to dinner. There are probably plenty of great nearby restaurants that will welcome your dog to join you for a bite to eat and you can find them all with a little help from Bring Fido!
Bring Fido is a great website that will help you find the all the bistros and bars that will let your dog join you. So next time you’re getting out of your TriBridge apartment home to take in some local culture and get a bite to eat, look up the great nearby places you can take your dog on Bring Fido.
Do you have a favorite pet-friendly restaurant or bar near your TriBridge apartment? If so, share it with us in the comments!
Photo via morgueFile
As you walk by a pet adoption, you may be longing to bring a dog of your own back to your TriBridge apartment. You may be concerned, however, with finding the right dog to be suited for apartment living.
Pugs make great apartment dogs!
Here are a few of the top breeds that would make a great companion for your TriBridge Apartment.
- Pugs – These cuties love to be indoors and are great with children and other pets. Though these watchdogs will protect your home, they will not bark needlessly.
- Bichon Fise – These adorable pups are extremely social, loyal, and thrive as active indoor dwellers when provided ample exercise opportunities. The best part is that these dogs don’t yap, so they won’t drive you or your neighbors crazy.
- Lhasa Apso – When you bring one of these furry-faced pups home, you can expect a friendly, obedient watchdog. When walked daily, these dogs will adapt well to apartment living.
- Yorkshire Terrier – How can you resist that face? Loving and loyal, these dogs will be happy and active indoors when you exercise them regularly.
Find other apartment-friendly dog breeds by visiting the Dog Training Central!
How have your dogs adapted to TriBridge apartment living? Share your tips with other community dog-lovers by connecting on Facebook.
Photo via Flickr
Being a good pet guardian is all about meeting your pet’s needs. Simply put, a happy pet is better behaved and more fun to be around! That’s why we’ve put together this list of tips to create a cat-friendly apartment.
Don’t forget to check the pet policy at your TriBridge Residential apartment before making plans to bring a new cat into your home. And for more tips, check out Make Your Home Cat-Friendly!
Photo courtesy of Candie N
Sure, the puppy is adorable--but are you really ready to adopt it?
Adopting a pet is a big step that many people make impulsively at the sight of an adorable animal. To be sure that you’re ready to adopt a pet to join you in your pet-friendly TriBridge apartment, you’ll want to take these five steps:
- Assess the situation. Are you ready for a pet? Pets are expensive, take a lot of time, and require a lifelong commitment. Be sure that you’re ready to give a proper home to a pet you adopt.
- Do your homework. Before adopting a dog, be sure that you’ve researched the breeds. Breeds have different energy levels, grooming needs, etc. Find the dog that fits your life style.
- Before bringing an animal home, spend some time with them at the shelter to see if your personalities mesh.
- If adopting a puppy, be sure to tell your neighbors. It’s better to let them know ahead of time, as the puppy’s night time cries will make a lot of noise as they get used to their new surroundings.
- Talk to a vet. A vet will tell you what medical expenses to expect upfront with your new pet and will help talk you through the process.
Follow these steps to start a great new life with a pet in your TriBridge apartment!
Make use of great smartphone apps to help you make the most of your city and your apartment's great location.
Looking for something to do or somewhere to eat near your TriBridge apartment? There’s an app for that. Smart phone apps are just about games or having a lighter to hold up at the next concert; they also help you navigate places in and around your city. If you’re new to an area after just having moved into your apartment, or if you just can’t wait to discover new things near your place, then here are four apps you’ll want to download today:
- City Maps 2Go – This app offers you access to maps anytime, whether you’re online or off. You can also use it to bookmark your favorite places so you won’t forget how to find that little cafe you stumbled upon last week.
- Poynt – Poynt is the perfect app for the socialite, connecting you to friends, restaurants, movie theaters and more in your area. View show times, get directions, or call a business from the app with ease.
- Mango Transit – This app is city specific, so before you download it, be sure that it’s available for your city as some TriBridge communities are within range while others are not. This app helps you to find public transit easily so you can navigate in an eco-friendly way.
- Yelp – Yelp for Mobile will lead you to your taste-buds’ desire while telling you how various restaurants and businesses rate in your area. It’s like having a friend offer suggestions at the drop of a hat.
How many apps do you have going on your phone? Tell us about your favorites, or just “Check In” to your favorite TriBridge apartment community the next time you stop in.